1. Health and Medicine.- The customers assure to be in good health and physical condition to be able to fully enjoy the tour with its related activities; among those: frequent transfers on land to the boarding sites of the canoes, which requires some physical effort and balance. The passenger knows that they will arrive at piers or other platforms that are generally wet and that could be slippery as well as to participate in daily and nocturnal excursions through the rainforest, include walking on irregular terrain.
The customers are aware that the journey through the Andes and the Amazon may involve experiencing altitudes between 2,3000 meters above sea level, also to be exposure to high levels of humidity. If the passenger suffers from any medical condition that may affect his travel experience and has therefore consulted with his doctor before participating in an adventure must inform the tourist company of his medical conditions associated; in fact, recognizing that the tour operator reserves the right not to accept customers with health problems.
2. Insurance.- The customers should prove to the company a valid travel insurance to date; to cover any cancellation of the trip, the protection of baggage loss as well as medical coverage and emergency medical evacuation coverage.
If the passenger does not have this coverage will have to cover their own expenses of emergent medical mobilization.
3. Inability to make the trip.- The customers acknowledge that the tourist operator is not responsible for any cancellations of the tour for the following reasons: strikes or uprisings, riots, war, acts of terrorism, inability to obtain supplies and other circumstances beyond their control, including natural disasters, droughts or flash floods, and flight delays. The customer acknowledges that, the tour operator may change the itinerary, due to circumstances of force majeure, or unexpected events, or alter their programs and itineraries without prior notice. This topic is based on: stoppages, road closures, natural disasters, unfavorable climatic conditions, droughts or flash flood, flight delays, etc. Events that are out of reach and from our hands and that will not allow us to provide the service.
For the conditions mentioned, the tourist company has no obligation to provide replacement products, replenishment of services or reimbursements to affected passengers.
4. Illegal substances.- All the customers are aware that the transportation or use of illegal substances, including illicit drugs and narcotics during the trip with our tour operator are prohibited by local and national laws.
5. Release of liability for changes of third parties.- The operator is not responsible to the passenger for the changes made by third parties. For example; airlines and land transport companies related to cancellations or other modifications of itineraries or any other contingency that may impair the normal development of the tour or its completion.
A) Bookings and payments
B) Bookings made:
31 days or more in advance of the date of departure.
- The price of the package is based on single, double or triple occupancy, as requested by the customer. Single supplements will be applied according to the policies of the Lodge and the providers of the services used.
30 days in advance or more, 100% refund applies
30 to 15 days in advance, 50% refund applies
14 days in advance or less, no refund is applied
Note: If the passenger made his credit card payment and cancelled his reservation; Bank fees will be deducted from the value to be returned.
Special Cancellation Policy
1. Cancellation for illness or injury
The tour operator will retain all payments received as penalty, which is why we strongly urge to customers to purchase a travel insurance to cover incidents and contingencies of force majeure.
2. Cancellation due to the death of a direct family member
The operator won’t pay for hospital, transport medicine or any way other fees associate with any accident or death.
3. Delays, loss of flight or bus and no-show on time
No refund or credit.
Customers rights and responsibility
The nature of certain activities at Guacamayo Ecolodge such as: walking, boating, motorized canoeing, swimming, use of trails; have some risk of injury without being negligent by the company, its employer or its people in general. The customers who signed up this agreement, also understand the risk that exists and release from all partial or total liability to the company, employees and their people of any demand that can be determinate or that any in the case of having some type of accident in general.
The client is aware that the carrying of cellular equipment, computers, electronic devices in general is the absolute responsibility of them; in fact, these objects must be protected in the best way or packed of with a special protection.
If the humidity, a fall, the bad weather for some reason damage some artifact of the passenger’s property is the absolute responsibility of the same and not the Lodge or its personnel, since it is not possible to control the heavy rain or the humidity of the place.
The clients should notify to the Lodge, if they have valuable belongings such as: computers, electronic devices or any object of economic value that they want the staff to keep in the safe at the time of entry to the Lodge.
Important Notice: The lodge is not responsible for undeclared items at check-in.